Monday 1 December 2014

Maya Introduction

In this session, we were asked to create a model of a silo based off of a picture. Similar to the Old Lady painting session, I believe this was so that the tutors could get an idea of our level of experience in Maya. I have used Maya extensively before, so I am relatively familiar with the interface and how the basic tools work. However, I am relatively new to polygon modelling, as my experience in Maya has been almost exclusively with Maya Fluids.


This is the image of the silo we had to model.

Much the time I spent modelling this silo was spent re-familiarizing myself with Maya's interface, as I hadn't used it in a while. When it came to using the polygonal modelling tools, not much was required in order to create this silo. It is a relatively simple structure, and so I managed to complete it fairly quickly. The majority of it was created with the basic primitive object creation tools, with only a couple of extrusions in order to create the lip and the windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment