Tuesday 24 March 2015

Organic T-Rex Modelling in Maya


In this lesson we were tasked with modeling a T-Rex using a sketch provided to us as reference. We had to make sure that all the faces on the model were quads and not triangles. I assume the reason for this is to make sure that when Mudbox or ZBrush subdivides the model, you do not end up with a large number of edges all converging on one vertex.





We had to use the edge loops to create a topology that 'describes' the surface of a T-Rex.




Since we didn't have any reference for the front view of the model, I looked up some extra T-Rex images to use as reference. On the left, you can see my original T-Rex head that I had created without any reference. On the right, I used a still from Jurassic Park as reference for the front view of the T-Rex.




My final T-Rex model.




My final T-Rex model wireframe.

No comments:

Post a Comment